Vacancy: Product Engineer Fall Protection
XSPlatforms is a rapidly growing international organization with innovative ideas, ambitious plans and high potential. With façade access solutions, fall protection systems, suspended platforms and scaffolding all under one roof, XSPlatforms is a one-stop shop for safe work at heights unlike any other.
XSPlatforms works towards making working at height safer and easier. People working at height must be able to rely on our products. That is why we set the bar high.
For our Product Development department at our headquarters in Gorinchem, The Netherlands, we are looking for a:
Within this function you will be responsible for design, calculations, preparation of production drawings and quality control of custom made products required for specific projects. The Product Engineer is also responsible for technical support for clients regarding our fall protection trade products.
The key responsibilities associated with this role:
- Design custom made products or adjust existing standard products to fulfill the requirements of a project. This also includes calculations, production drawings preparation and quality control.
- Read architectural drawings and find the best possible ways to install safe fall protection systems.
- Prepare layout drawings for fall protection systems (in AutoCAD).
- Calculations for horizontal lifeline systems in ODIN (XSPlatforms software specially developed for this purpose).
- Understand relevant standards and apply them to products and fall protection systems.
- Provide technical input to other departments, such as Sales and Marketing.
- Organize and maintain existing engineering records.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
You are flexible, proactive, ambitious and motivated. You feel at home in an international environment and you can easily make and maintain contacts. Additionally you are good at setting priorities and you are able to switch between projects easily.
- Mechanical Engineering Master’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- Core mechanical knowledge
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Experience with 3D CAD software: Solid Edge or Solidworks is preferred.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Analytical thinking.
- An accurate and well-organized way of working.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Do you want to work in a dynamic, ambitious work environment with an informal corporate culture and short communication lines? And are you the experienced Product Development Engineer that we are looking for? We’d love to hear from you.
For more information about our organization or this job offer, contact Annemiek Holkamp, HR Manager at +31 (0)183 569111. If you’d like to apply, please send your resume and application letter to email@example.com.